Dr. Michael McCall has served for over 45 years in community and technical colleges spanning 3 states. He currently serves as the founding President and Chief Executive Officer of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS). Dr. McCall has also served as president of South Carolina’s comprehensive technical college system, president of Florence Darlington Technical College in Florence, SC, and, president of Paul D. Camp Community College in Franklin, Virginia. Under the leadership of President McCall, KCTCS has become a premier community and technical college system. His most recent success includes an historic accomplishment for KCTCS.
Under his tenure he:
- Merged 28 community and technical colleges into 16 individually accredited comprehensive community colleges that serve over 135,000 students annually in credit programs.
- Worked with 14 person Board of Regents to ratify or approve more than 700 credit program options that result in certificates, diplomas or associate degrees that focused on high wage, high demand occupations.
- Lead KCTCS to be the largest provider of workforce training in Kentucky serving over 6,000 businesses and training more than 61,000 employees annually.
- Developed 3 consecutive six year strategic plans and a comprehensive business plan ending in the year 2020.
- Managed and approved the strategic plans and master plans for the sixteen colleges in KCTCS.
On January 15, 2015, Dr. McCall will retire and assist the next president in the transition.